Thursday, March 14, 2013

The 1st Wine Tasting (2011-11-18) - Chile - (White)

This was my first wine tasting of my wine club back in 2011. Unfortunately, I lost my original tasting sheet, so I lost my notes. Look on the bright side, I can taste Chilean white wines again to make up my lost notes.

A little bit story of Chilean wines.


Chile has been a wine producing country since 16th century. vines are imported by Catholic from Peru, California and mostly directly from Spain. Chilean wines are limited to domestic markets until 1980s,  and then started exporting wines. Chilean wines are known as good-value wines, good quality wines with decent price.

Major grape varieties are Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot based wines, Carmenere, Chardonnay, and Sauvignon Blanc. More importantly, Carmenere is the grape variety widely grown in Bordeaux, but shrived in Chile.

從2011年至今辦過將近20場品酒,我都沒有好好整理筆記。最近review的時候發現已經遺失了兩份,所以我決定一場一場的記錄下來。

第一場品酒喝的是智利的白葡萄酒。自從16世紀以來,傳教士為"宗教"目的從秘魯、加州間接引進了葡萄藤(樹),以及直接從西班牙進口。直到80年代以前,葡萄酒都是以供應當地需求為主。直到現在智利葡萄酒仍以高C/P值著稱。

智利紅酒主要為Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot 及Carmenere。當中Cabernet Sauvignon種植面積最廣。值得一題的是Carmenere,Carmenere為波爾多地區的葡萄種,但卻在智利發跡。白酒的葡萄品種以Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc為主,這次品酒的也是以這兩個品種為主 。

Unfortunately, my tasting notes are gone, I will share more information when I taste Chilean wines in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment